May is the month I turn 40. To celebrate, I thought I’d do a series of posts about some of my favorite things.
Today: 5 Favorite Candies, in no particular order
1. Reese’s Pieces. I know, everyone seems to love the peanut butter cups. I’m an odd duck. I like chocolate. I like peanut butter. I do not like chocolate and peanut butter combined. So, keep your cups. The great thing about pieces–no chocolate, just that straight up creamy peanut butter in a crunchy candy shell. (Oh, and there’s not much better than pieces mixed into vanilla ice cream.)
2. Whatchamacallit. The name says it all. This candy bar has a mixture of all the chewy, crunch, gooey deliciousness. Enough said.
3. M&Ms. Let’s go with a classic here. They melt in your mouth and not in your hand. Unless your hand is wet. Okay, maybe these are not the best candy to buy at the shack at the swimming pool. But, they’re crunchy and they’re milk chocolate and it’s hard to stop eating them once you start.
4. Cadbury Creme Egg. I sometimes question if these would be my favorite if they were readily available all year round. But, since they only appear near Easter, I enjoy them without them getting old. My only complaint is that I swear they’re smaller than they used to be.
5. Skittles. I almost put the Hershey Kiss here, but my list has a lot of chocolate already. Skittles are a fruity, chewy classic. Taste the rainbow, just avoid the weird commercials. I will say, they did drop a bit in my book when they replaced the lime with green apple. No. Just, no.